Residual Income In South Africa - Passive Residual Income - An Overview
Active income is income for which services have been performed. This includes wages, tips, salaries, commissions, and income from businesses in which there is material participation. Passive or Residual income is an income received on a regular basis, with very little effort required to maintain it.
Portfolio income is income from investments, dividends, interest, royalties and capital gains. Portfolio income does not come from passive investments and is not earned through normal business activity. Typically, income from interest on money that's been loaned does not count as portfolio income.
Now, looking at the sources of residual income, we're going to move in the ones that we think will be the toughest to create to the ones that are the easiest to produce. Here we go.
7. Royalties: the creation of audio, books, inventions, machines, patents. A royalty is something you have sold or created and put it on a stage that you do not run and then get compensation based on when the item is purchased or utilized. Most of us do not possess the potential to rapidly create royalty streams.
Little Known Facts About Residual Income In South Africa.
This is the most straightforward form of passive residual income, if you can attain it. .
6. Network Marketing: Network marketing is a unique business model and has made more millionaires than any other business. The industry as a whole is growing and more companies are trying to leverage referrals or direct sales to increase revenue and promote solutions. On the other hand, the industry as a whole is confusing to many and demands a tremendous amount of mental and emotional fortitude to produce residual income possible.
The effort you have to put in is important to consider. .
The Only Guide for Residual Income In South Africa - Passive Residual Income
5. Subscription Models: Subscription models/Customer Hubs/Member Areas All these are businesses like Netflix, Costco, Sams Club. The subscription model has become almost its own category. But it's considerable price and you have to continuously create and cultivate content and value. The income is remaining and combines loyalty and education with community.
A fantastic book that explains this version of residual income is The Automatic Customer by John Warrillow. He walks through, in plain English, the various styles of subscription models and the way to potentially apply them to your business.
4. Affiliate marketing: Getting paid to tell folks what you enjoy and showing them where to get it. As a Dad, I tried 3 high chairs prior to finding the Bumbo. Now when I blog about the Bumbo and link to it for my Amazon account, and someone buys it, I can earn a have a peek at these guys commission.
A fantastic illustration of this will be Pat Flynn in PassiveIncome.com as he walks you through how to establish your own system to maximize and profit from your passion.
Residual Income In South Africa - Passive Residual Income - Questions
3. Business: As I mentioned, not all businesses are created equal when it comes to residual income. Lets take a look at a local taco stand. Surethat taco stand might have loyal patrons and also make the best damn steak taco youve ever needed, but they also need to wake up every day and turn the lights on and fire up the grill to get compensated for their special tacos.
So, literally I am going to earn a fee if I move in or not. Sure, I have to maintain relationships to keep earning that commission, but truly the income is residual because once I sign up one client I am going to earn money off of the money perpetually.
Why do we call these the Electricity 2 Because these require less specialization and experience, and with the leveraged use of debt that is smart, can work together.
What Does Residual Income Ideas In South Africa Mean?
2. Real Estate: Property is 2 for one simple reason, leverage using smart debt and other peoples money. When looking at property rents and the potential for income real estate provides, it is the trifecta of residual income. To begin with, a house or rental house can enjoy, so capital appreciation is your first long-term benefit of owning a home.
Other men and women are paying off the mortgage, insurance, property taxes and maintenance while you own that piece of property. Third, taxation protection. Rental income is taxed at a lower rate than ordinary income and you can depreciate property by taking a paper deduction on your annual tax return not to mention expensing the cost of mileage, mortgage interest, and updates to the home.
The fourth and possibly most hidden, however important benefit is that over time rents grow, protecting your cash-flow against inflation, while your mortgage interest can be at a fixed rate potentially. .
An Unbiased View of Residual Income Ideas In South Africa
1. The final and most effective type of residual income, in my opinion, is investing and insurance. The majority of us have 401Ks and IRAs, therefore that I am going to leave that for the investment side. Within that, I think our Foundation Freedom Phases is by far the simplest, safest and most effective tool for several reasons: a.